We have ambitious plans for 2018:
- We will replace all four of the Seaside Tents with new platforms and semi-permanent structures. Each will be turned slightly for a view of the waterfront, will have a covered porch and two additional beds. The cost of this entire project is projected to be $50,000.
- Our summer schedule is already full. We begin with the IV Regional Conference, move directly into a week of church-contracted family camp, the UCLA IV Chapter Camp, two weeks of CBS Family Camp, two weeks of IV Alumni (family) Camp, and six sessions of our Jr. High and High School Combo Camps. Spring and Fall are also filling up with IV and other guest group events.
- This summer schedule allows the local InterVarsity Region to sponsor two Alumni conferences; July 8-14 and July 15-21, 2018. Both weeks will essentially be family camps, each with a unique InterVarsity flavor. All are invited to attend.
- As said above, we are re-introducing CBS Family Camp to our summer line-up. Two week-long sessions will be offered June 24-30, 2018 and July 1-7, 2018. This program returns with new leadership, some familiar components and new features. Note – we highly value Paul and Virginia Friesen’s contribution to our Family Camp for many years (decades). Although they did not begin Family Camp at CBS, they certainly developed it into a first-rate program. Even though the Friesens will not be returning, our desire is to honor their legacy by providing these new life-changing events for families.
- Plans for the summer would not be complete if we were not intent upon recruiting high quality summer staff. We expect to enlist 12-16 college age students to serve with us throughout the summer (May 27-August 20). In addition to gaining experience in all facets of our operation, they will serve our guests, learn through discipleship, worship, work and play, and get to spend the summer in an amazing place with good people. It is a tremendous opportunity. Serving as a summer staff was life-altering for me!
We expect 2018 to be a year of evaluation and introspection for us. We desire to know God’s will for CBS, to seek wisdom and to move intently toward many more years of ministry. All of our staff are grateful for the opportunity and eager to progress.
Other articles associated with this newsletter: