Please remember that you will have to carry all of your luggage. We enjoy a simple lifestyle at camp, so please pack light. Catalina Express will not allow you to bring luggage in garbage canisters with wheels, or use dollies. All luggage should have your name and Campus by the Sea written on a tag or label.
What to Bring
- Shorts, T-shirts, pants/sweats, light jacket or sweatshirt
- A warm sleeping bag
- A pillow and pillow case that can be stuffed in a duffle or rolled inside a sleeping bag (Camp does not supply pillows any longer)
- Swim suit (see description below) and beach towel
- Toiletries and personal towel
- Bible and notebook
- Athletic shoes and/or hiking shoes
- Water shoes (if desired)
- Flashlight (a must!!)
- Refillable water bottle or insulated coffee mug (eliminating styrofoam at camp!)
Modest swim suits are REQUIRED for all campers (both genders), with no exceptions. In addition, cover-ups must be worn to and from the beach and in the dining hall. No swim suits or wet clothes are allowed in the dining hall. We strongly recommend water shoes for protection against the rocky shore at camp; there is usually very little sand on the beach. During summer months, sunscreen lotion is a must for adults and children.
Download our list of what to bring and review the camp information and general orientation to our conference center: Info & Orientation-2017