- About CBS
Year Round Employment Opportunities at Campus by the Sea
Ongoing and Limited Term Positions
Limited Term Positions join the CBS team for a set period of time, usually 12 months or less and are paid hourly.
Ongoing Positions are for more skilled positions requiring extensive experience and require a longer commitment. They are salaried and include benefits.
Both types of positions require living on the camp property and consider room and board as part of compensation package.
A CBS staff member should be someone who is …
- Committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and willing to be a physical example of God’s grace to campers.
- Willing to live and work in community with, and under the authority of, others for their time on staff.
- Willing to work hard and to take personal responsibility to bring joy to the work of the community and to the challenge of serving campers and other staff.
- 18 years of age or older. The summer staff community, for the most part, is college aged, and personal responsibilities and challenges are geared to this level.
- In good health. Summer staff is physically, spiritually and emotionally challenging. Staff members live and work in a rustic camp environment.
Current Year Round Openings:
To learn more about long term opportunities, call camp at 310-510-0015 or email us at CBS Office.
Current job listings are kept up to date on the Christian Camp and Conference Association Job Page. Just enter “Campus by the Sea” in “Camp Name contains:” field and hit “Search” to see positions we are actively seeking applicants.
Interested applicants should download the Year Round Employee Application Form.
Fill in the form and mail:
PO Box 466
Avalon CA 90704
Or scan and email to:
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. We conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs so that all staff share the same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a)) InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with InterVarsity’s Statement of Agreement: Purpose and Doctrinal Basis.