- About CBS
Summer Program Staff Job Description
The program staff at CBS works mainly with the children and young adults during Family Camp in the summer months. Desiring to be involved with people in ministry is important to those who would like to participate in the program aspect of CBS ministry. “A little experience and a lot of heart” is the descriptive make-up of the kind of staff our program director is looking for. A desire to share Christ with others, endurance for long work days, patience, understanding and enjoying being active, are other good traits for a program staff member. Some program related work involved in caring for the needs of the campers are: training sessions, daily meetings on program issues, cleaning of meeting room areas, evening baby-sitting and participation in camper events and meeting sessions. A program staff member could work in the following areas:
- Nursery (infant to 2 years old): The nursery staff care for infants and toddlers during adult group meeting times and keep the nursery toys, bedding and children clean. Love and patience to care for the children’s needs are crucial.
- Play Yard (2-3 year olds): The play yard staff watch out for the children’s safety when the adults are meeting and share simple Bible truths, stories, songs, games and crafts with them.
- Elementary School Age: The love and concern expressed to these kids can be a direct way to show how much Christ cares for them. Creativity is also needed in developing games, sharing songs, and encouraging discussions that help to impart the theme of the Family Camp week. Willingness to invest personal free time to build relationships with the kids is also important.
- Junior High School and High School Age: Junior High and High School counselors can expect to have almost the same job as the Elementary School Age, however, because of the developing maturity in the Junior High and High School age kids, the qualities of being a counselor and a friend really stand out. Games, Bible studies and large and small group discussions play a significant factor in this program.
- Counselors: In addition to Family Camp, CBS also hosts one week of Junior High Camp and one week of High School Camp each summer. Counselors are needed to live in cabins with campers and lead daily small group Bible studies.